AD 75-15-08 Beryl Air Oil Separator
September 10, 1975
This AD affects the 150 thru the 150L that have the Beryl Aviation Air Oil Separator installed under STC SA2219WE. It requires the “Filtrator” assembly be replaced, or the entire STC modification be removed from the aircraft.
75-15-08 BEECH AND CESSNA: Amendment 39-2266 as amended by Amendment 39- 2361. Applies to Beech Models 35, A35, B35, C35, D35, E35, F35, 35R, 35-33, 35-A33, 35- B33, 35-C33, H35, J35, K35, M35, N35, P35 series airplanes; Cessna Models 150, 150A, 150B, 150C, 150D, 150E, 150F, 150G, 150H, 150J, 150K, A150K, 150L, A150L series airplanes certificated in all categories which have been modified in accordance with STC SA2219WE.
Compliance required as indicated unless already accomplished.To prevent loss of engine oil, improper engine lubrication or engine oil contamination, accomplish the following:
(a) Within the next 25 hours’ time in service after the effective date of this AD and thereafter at intervals not to exceed 25 hours’ time in service, unless (b) has been accomplished, remove the Beryl Aviation air oil separator Filtrator Assembly and inspect in accordance with the following procedure.
(1) Add one quart of clear gasoline to the assembly can and plug or cap the ends of all tubes.
(2) Hold the assembly can upright and shake vigorously for about two minutes.
(3) Completely drain the gasoline from the 1/8 inch oil return tube through a paint strainer or similar fine mesh strainer and check for the presence of polyester urethane particles that have broken off of the internal screen material.
(4) If screen particles are present, accomplish (b).
(5) If screen particles are not present, install a 1/8 inch rivet in the top center of the assembly can to fasten the inside center cone to the outside can. Seal the rivet with an oil and fuel resistant type sealant if required. After assuring that cleaning agent has evaporated, reinstall the filtrator assembly.
(b) Within the next 100 hours’ time in service after the effective date of this AD, unless already accomplished, accomplish (1), (2), or (3).
(1) (i) For Beech Models 35, A35, B35, C35, D35, E35, F35, and 35R Series Airplanes, remove the Beryl Aviation filtrator assembly P/N 1000-1 and install P/N B- 1119-M, P/N B-1119-RM, or P/N 1000-1-RM.
(ii) For Beech Models H35, J35, K35, M35, N35, P35, 35-33, 35- A33, and 35-B33 and 35-C33 Series Airplanes, remove the Beryl Aviation filtrator assembly P/N 1000-1 and install P/N B-1114-M, P/N B-1114-RM, or P/N 1000-1-RM.(iii) For Cessna Models 150, 150A, 150B, 150C, 150D, 150E, 150F, 150G, 150H, 150J, 150K, A150K, 150L, and A150L Series Airplanes, remove the Beryl Aviation filtrator assembly P/N 1000-1 and install P/N B-1119-M, P/N B-1119-RM, or P/N 1000-1-RM.
(2) Remove the modification incorporated by STC SA2219WE and return the airplane to the standard unmodified configuration.
(3) Provide compliance with an equivalent method approved by Chief, Engineering and Manufacturing Branch, Southern Region.Beryl Aviation Specialties, Route 1, Box 127D, Leesburg, Florida 32748, Service Bulletin B-1-1-75-1 also pertains to this subject.
Amendment 39-2266 became effective Friday, July 25, 1975.This amendment 39-2361 becomes effective September 10, 1975.