Attendees at the Cessna 150-152 Fly-In have a choice of camping under the wing at the Airport or a hotel room in town.
Fly-In veterans all agree the camping option is the most fun, and very convenient to spur-of-the-moment flying, food, sing-alongs, games and fun. Plus the price is right! Get there early to pick the best parking spot! (pssssst… they’re all good) Hot showers and the air-conditioned FBO are available 24/7. If you forgot something, there’s a Super Walmart in town, just a quick van ride away.
But, as the Air Force types would say, “Why dig in when you can check in?” There are several good hotels in town, and we offer a free van service to take you to and from your hotel.
- Wild Rose Casino and Resort
777 Wild Rose Drive
(563) 243-9000 or 800-457-9975
- Country Inn & Suites
2300 Lincoln Way (Intersection of Hwy 30 & 67)
Excellent amenities, including available High Speed Internet, and free Continental breakfast.
- Super 8 Motel
1711 Lincoln Way
An above average Super 8 Motel, Clean and modern.
2300 Valley West Ct.
Near Wal-Mart, nice rooms, low rates.
- Holiday Inn Express
2800 South 25th Street
Clinton, Iowa 52732
Upscale Suites available, Free Continental breakfast, High Speed Internet.
- Hampton Inn
2781 Wild Rose Circle South
Clinton, Iowa 52732
(563) 242-9300 or 800-465-4329
Closest to the airport. Free breakfast and WiFi
- Quality Inn
2300 Lincoln Way
Clinton, IA, 52732
This used to be the Best Western until the local college bought it and made it a dorm. Well it’s a hotel again!
Fly-Ins can make you hungry. We’ve got that covered too. Food is available on the airport during the Fly-In.
- Every morning we start with coffee and doughnuts, fresh fruit, and assorted cold cereal and milk. Did we mention it’s FREE!
- Wednesday, we hold a FREE Pizza Lunch in the hangar.
- Thursday and Friday, you can build your own sandwich from our assortment of meats, and fixins. Add some potato salad and coleslaw.
- Wednesday night, the Boy Scouts serve our annual Burgers and Brats dinner.
- Thursday night, we head to the tropics for our traditional Confab Luau. Wear your loudest Hawaiian shirt and you’ll fit right in.
- Friday night, we end the event with the Clyde Awards Banquet.
Water is provided free of charge all day at the Fly-In, soft drinks are available at a nominal charge, and adult beverages are BYOB.
Whether you camp on the field, or stay in town, you’re guaranteed to have a great time at the Cessna 150-152 Fly-In!